About Foot PainYour feet ache from standing all day, you twisted your ankle, or you stepped on a nail. Whatever caused your foot pain, you can find relief and care from Dr. Neil Zwiebel at Park East Podiatry in New York, New York. If you live or work in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, or surrounding areas, contact the helpful Park East Podiatry team or book an online appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
Why do I have foot pain?
What can make my feet hurt?
Lifestyle choices such as ill-fitting shoes, overuse, misuse, or aging can cause painful foot conditions, such as:
- Bunions – bony protuberance on outside of big toe
- Hammertoe – Claw-like toes
- Flat foot – collapse of arch over time
- Plantar fasciitis – inflammation of tissue on sole
- Heel spurs – bony growth on heel
- Corns and calluses – buildup of tough skin
- Ingrown toenails
- Morton’s neuroma – a growth of nerve tissue between the third and fourth toes
Foot injuries that cause pain include:
- Sprains and strains – tears in ligaments and tendons
- Fractures – broken bones
- Foreign bodies – stepping on glass; getting a splinter
A number of medical conditions can also cause your feet to hurt, including:
- Gout – inflammation and crystal deposits in the joints
- Osteoarthritis – worn-out cartilage in joints
- Rheumatoid arthritis – inflamed and damaged joints
- Diabetic foot conditions – potentially serious; must be monitored carefully
- Plantar warts – warts on soles of your feet
How do podiatrists treat foot pain?
Dr. Zwiebel always takes whatever time is needed to get an accurate diagnosis of your foot pain. He asks you questions about your medical history, your symptoms, and any activities or lifestyle choices that may be contributing to your discomfort. He performs a comprehensive examination of your foot and orders any necessary tests that help him pinpoint the source of your pain.
Always abreast of the latest technology and cutting-edge treatments, Dr. Zwiebel may treat your foot pain with:
- Custom foot orthotics made of patented aerospace materials
- Laser therapy
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections
- Extracorporeal pulse-activated therapy® (EPAT)
- Corrective surgery
Whatever the source of your foot pain, you can get relief at Park East Podiatry. Call Dr. Zwiebel’s helpful staff or use the online form to book an appointment at your convenience.